Location: The course will be imparted at 750 Medical Center Ct., Suite 5, Chula Vista, CA 91911.
Date: June 21, 2019 to June 23, 2019
- Part I June 21, 2019– Forensic Nursing and Sexual Violence Overview
• Sexual violence: Populations involved, prevalence, incidence, special populations and the dynamics of sexual violence
- Part II June 21, 2019- Forensic Nursing and Sexual Violence Overview
•Background of forensic science in medicine, forensic nursing’s growth, accepted basic standards of practice; licensure codes applicable on conducts, perception of honorable practice; result and reaction to sexual violence trauma.
- Part III-June 21, 2019Victim Reaction and Crisis treatment and come together with community agencies
• Determine roles of Sexual Violence intervention partners; Sexual Assault Reaction and resource Teams
- Part IV- June 22, 2019 Documenting Assessment and history
•Taking history and objective assessment in sexual assault
- Part V- June 22, 2019 Gathering forensic evidences based on Physical Examination – Examination of anus and genital
• Includes sexual assault examination: anus and genital sexual assault, basic findings, discharge with follow up planning
- Part VI- June 22, 2019 Documentation by Photography
• Training on taking photographs and colposcopies; safe keeping and privacy issues
- Part VII- June 22, 2019 Medical-Forensic Specimen Collection
• Covers all aspects of evidence collection
- Module VIII- June 23, 2019 Medical-Forensic Documentation
• Documentation expectations in sexual assault
- Module IX- June 23, 2019 Testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Prevention & Testing for Pregnancy
• Treatment for injury and possible Sexually transmitted disease including HIV, administer needed immunization and discharge planning
- Part X- June 23, 2019 Issues on Program and Operations
• Evidenced based care, practice and issues on regulation and, malpractice
- Part XI- June 23, 2019 Legal considerations
• Includes criminal cases’ prosecution of sexual assault, compulsory reporting requirements, objectivity and qualifications of expert testimony, synopsis of sexual assault laws and legal rules of evidence
Payment form will be check and receipt will be issued.
After subscription confirmation the payment will have to be sent to 2834 Paradise Ridge Ct., Chula Vista, CA 91915 in order to complete the registration.
How to start:
In order to enroll on this course you'll need to fill the "Subscription Request" form on this section and you'll receive an invoice with instructions to access your courses.